Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy new year~ Here are my resolutions!

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful start to the new year. It's been pretty good for me! I got to spend lots of time with my family, and that is definitely something I missed while at school. Although the weather can be gloomy and cold in Washington, the weather can't beat being with family and friends. :)

 

On Saturday, we went to visit Mt. Hood! I haven't seen snow in such a long time and really appreciate my dad suggesting we go (he knew we missed it :D)! Unfortunately, I didn't prepare well. I wore high heeled boots, which was a bad idea--everything was too slippery! We couldn't stay long or explore more, because I was too afraid to fall. :*(


Now that the new year has just begun, I think it's time to list my resolutions!

1. Control my attitude/short-temper. I tend to get annoyed pretty easily, especially when it comes to family members. I want to improve my relationship with my family (not that it's bad at all), but I want to grow closer to them and to show them I care!

2. Spend quality time with family and friends. After a busy and sometimes stressful day, all I want to do is have some me-time and watch TV or surf the web! But I think it's important to make time for family and friends. I want to focus more on the people important to me this year~

3. Think quality over quantity when shopping. I tend to have the "Asian" mindset in that I should purchase anything cheap or to purchase a lot of cheap things. However, recently, I've started to value better quality clothing (which tend to be more expensive). This winter break was probably the first time I purchased two tops for $30-40 apiece and the first time I've shopped at Nordstorms. Even though these items tend to be outside my personal budget range, I'm glad my parents were willing to buy these tops for me. I love them~ They look great and I know I will wear them often! Hopefully that makes the purchase worth it :D hahaha

4. Blog more. I definitely have highs and lows when it comes to blogging. I'd hate to admit it, but sometimes I get to lazy to post...I hope to correct that this year and to make this blog better than before! I need to get off my lazy-bum :P hehehe

5. Be more artsy-fartsy. I always say I love arts and crafts, but sadly I have little to show for it...I want to be involved this upcoming year! I want to do more knitting, crocheting, sewing, drawing, and painting! I want to be more hands-on this year, instead of just surfing the web or watching videos all day!

And here's my start--a scarf! Hopefully I can finish before leaving for college again!!

Anyone else have new year's resolution? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment