Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review: philosophy purity made simple cleanser

I'm sure many of you have heard about Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser, right? It's been a huge hit recently and was the Best of Sephora Winner 2008! I purchased mine during Black Friday sales (so long ago!) from Sephora for $10. Good deal right? Mine is a 12 fl.oz. version (or 360 ml), but usually they are available in 3, 8, 16, 24 fl.oz.


The Purity Made Simple cleanser is supposed to "melt away dirt, oil, and makeup," in addition to tone and lightly hydrate the skin. The cleanser is made for all skin types. Unfortunately, when I purchased this product, I didn't notice that it contains parabens and imidazolidinyl urea--two ingredients that can cause irritations and allergic reactions in some people... This ingredients list seems to contradict Philosophy's claim that "purity is natural."  

 

MY OPINION
The cleanser does what it says. It's a good cleanser that helps keep my skin clean, soft, and moisturized. The scent is also very pleasant and relaxing~ It also removes sunscreen well, but unfortunately it doesn't remove make up (BB creams) quite so well. ///random insert --> this winter break, I wanted to try using make up, so I also tested this cleanser on the BB creams, but sadly, my skin didn't feel so clean afterwards. I ended up washing my face twice.../// The cleanser also doesn't keep my acne at bay.

When I'm not using makeup--which is most of the time--the cleanser seems to work well. So if you don't tend to use make up, you might like this cleanser. The good thing is that this 12 fl.oz. bottle will last a long time--my sister and I have been using this bottle for a month now and we've only used 1/3 of it. 

Overall, this cleanser is okay. Sadly it doesn't match it's reputation.

Overall rating:     

Packaging: N/A
Ease of use:     
Effectiveness:     
Ingredients:      (CosDNA)
Hygiene:     

Where to find this product?
*prices compare 8 fl.oz.
Sephora - $24.00
DrugStore - $24.00
Amazon - $21.25

3 comments:

  1. have heard so much about this prodcut, but I loved your review! Glad you were able to pick out that contradiction within their not-so-natural ingredients! :)

    allygong.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see! that's unfortunate! Thanks for the tip~ It's definitely important to buy good skincare products! :) Hope you find a good cleanser! Let me know if you find one :) I'll keep an eye out too!

    ReplyDelete