Monday, February 9, 2015

Review: Origins united state balancing tonic

Origins is a great skincare line formulated without parabens, phthalates, and other harsh chemicals. I've seen this brand so many times in Macy's and have always wanted to try some products. While these products are on the pricier end, I believe that their products—or at least their balancing tonic—are definitely worth the price!

I've been using the Origins united state balancing tonic for a little over a month now (ever since middle of December). My parents bought it for me because I didn't have a toner during the winter break, as my Etude House toner was over the liquids limit and I wasn't planning on checking in my baggage... I'm definitely thankful for my parents spending over $20 for this one skincare product!


When I was in Macy's, the saleslady helped me choose this product. At first, I wasn't quite sure that I had combination skin, but she was very patient and helped test what skin type my skin was! She said the united state balancing tonic was great for those with combination skin, so I decided to give it a try.

 

According to its description, this toner contains "state-of-the-art exfoliators [that] slough the flakes, sweep pore clogging debris, and smooth rough spots." Wow~ Sounds cool doesn't it? Continuing on, the toner should de-shine T-zones without being too drying. The toner will reinstate the skin's pH and keep the skin refreshed and moisturized.

MY OPINION

I really enjoyed using the toner. The product has a nice and calming herbal scent. Like I mentioned earlier, I've been using this toner for a month already—actually I’e been sharing it with my sister. We still have about 1/2 the bottle left! The toner isn't drying and is a great addition to my cleanser. It removes excess dirt that the facial cleanser missed. I'd have to admit that I don't always wash my neck well--I have a huge pet peeve about water dripping down my neck and onto my clothing. However, after using this toner on my neck, the cotton ball is noticeably dirty! That's how well the toner works in removing dirt!


However, there are a few negative points about the toner that are worth noting. First, the packaging is very cute and simple, but there's no top-filter on the bottle (as you can see in the above image). I usually don't cap the bottle until I'm finished, so that means the bottle can easily tip over! I'd hate to waste any product...especially on the floor... Second, alcohol is one of the ingredients used in this product. Fortunately, this product doesn't smell too much like alcohol and it isn't drying. Third, the price is definitely on the higher end...this 5fl.oz costs $21.50 at Macy's!


Overall, though, I quite enjoyed this product and would definitely love to try other products by Origins!

Overall rating:     

Packaging:     
Ease of use:     
Effectiveness:     
Ingredients:      (CosDNA)
Hygiene:     

Where to find this product?
Origins - $21.50
Sephora - $21.50
Amazon - $33.50 + free shipping over $35


6 comments:

  1. Hello Anna lovley post~<3 ^^

    I would love to invite you to join my first ever give-away <3

    http://vanilla-second.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/my-1st-ever-give-away-my-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely check out your giveaway! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been needing a nice, gentle toner! All the others seem to burn intensely on my sensitive skin. I will definitely check it out!
    -Mikayla
    www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww! that's so sad :( It's definitely difficult to find the right product for sensitive skin :( good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I don't have combination skin, but I have been eyeing products from this brand. I think I might give their toner a try one day :)


    uhhsandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! that's great to hear :D I think they have another toner that's for oily/acne-prone skin as well!



    thanks for the compliment! <3

    ReplyDelete