Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer DIY: skirts

If you don't know, I love skirts, and I love DIY. SO, this summer, my sister and I finally decided to make some.

Skirts are super comfy to wear, and they looks good with any outfit! DIY skirts are so much cheaper (and maybe even more unique) than store bought ones. The three DIY skirts below were all under $5. HORRAY!

DIY Velvet Circle skirt: the fabric was purchased at Joann's. This is the first completely made-from-scratch skirt my sister and I every made!

DIY old thrift skirt: I was shopping in Goodwill and saw this skirt. It was a size 14, but I loved the pattern and the quality of the fabric! The colors were just so beautiful~

DIY old thrift skirt: This skirt was also found in Goodwill, and once again it was too big, but luckily, with a sewing machine and a few stitches, it was remade!

As you can see, I have huge thing for thrift shopping. It's so much fun (IMO) looking through piles of clothing to find a gem! It's very rewarding, and the pieces are all often less than $5. I've gotten some cute Ralph Lauren and Banana Republic pieces for cheap as well! They were in good quality, too!

Do you guys thrift shop? Would anyone like a tutorial?

17 comments:

  1. The velvet skirt you and your sister made is gorgeous!! Ah... if only I didn't buy my velvet skirt back a few months ago.. then I'd be able to make my own and save some money, haha! I've actually never thrifted before but it sure seems fun and it looks like you can get a lot of good deals!! I'd love to see a tutorial! :D X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute skirts, I wish had some skills at sewing and altering clothes :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!


    yep, DIYs really help save money! It's time consuming, but fun and rewarding!


    I will hopefully do a tutorial soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! All you need is a little practice! I bet if you try, it'll turn out just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see! That's a great idea~ I've never tried before, but I'd love to try! If I figure out, I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I was good at thrift shopping, but I have short patience for going through thousands of unorganised pieces of clothing :( It's great that you're able to alter pieces that don't fit you though! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are such cute skirts! love the velvet one! so cool :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the floral skirts are my favorite! Thrift shop is so much fun!

    xx

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so gorgeous! Unfortunately I am useless at sewing haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. they're gorgeous omg aw LOVE the floral prints x

    suprxya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I know it's hard to go through lots of unorganized and potentially dirty clothes XD for some reason, I think it's fun XD I love finding hidden jewels :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! The velvet one is pretty fun to wear :D velvet goes nicely with so many outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Do you thrift shop often? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Hahaha, no worries, I'm not the best either >___< I'm still working on my sewing skills XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by too <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first skirt if my favorite although all of them are cute. I'd love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! :)


    I'll try to make one soon--but I might have to wait till I'm back home (no access to a sewing machine otherwise >__<) Sorry for the wait!

    ReplyDelete